Data security and data protection are part of Omnia’s security operations. The goal is to guarantee all Omnia students and staff members a safe and reliable working environment.
Principles of data secure working:
- I commit to observe and comply with Omnia’s data security policy as well as all currently valid Omnia data security instructions and operating rules.
- Omnia computers may only be used with the provided username and password.
- Software purchased by Omnia may not be copied or used outside the workplace.
- When using removable data storage media (such as a flash drive), it must be ensured that there is no malicious software.
- Only licensed software installed on the computer may be used. Other software installations are not allowed.
- about data security at Omnia in Finnish (omnia.fi) and
- operating rules for the data network and information systems (omnia.fi).
Secure printing at Omnia
Printing, copying and scanning is possible using shared IDs (part-time teachers, visiting lecturers, etc.) via your own personal email, i.e. with the help of so-called mobile printing.
- secure printing instructions in Finnish (it.omnia.fi) or
- see all instructions for mobile printing, copying and scanning in Finnish (it.omnia.fi).